1. Recipients must reside in the home of a Lyntegar Electric Cooperative, Inc. member. Whether the child resides with his/her mother, father, or legal guardian, they must present a valid member number to be eligible. Children of Lyntegar Electric Cooperative, Inc. employees are not eligible.
2. Recipients must be graduating from a High School or receiving a GED equivalent the same year the scholarship is awarded.
3. Recipients must enroll in the first fall semester after receipt of scholarship.
4. Recipients must meet any entrance requirements of the college or university to which applied.
1. Interested parties will need to fill out an application form and attach the required information and return it to Lyntegar Electric Cooperative, Inc. by March 31, 2014. The scholarship selection committee will review all applications and the scholarships will be awarded in May.
2. The areas to be considered in the selection process include: Financial need and seriousness of purpose, academic achievement, involvement in extracurricular activities, and community involvement, etc.
1. The scholarship will be for the fall semester and the spring semester immediately after receipt of scholarship.
2. The scholarship will be paid directly to the college or university. Each semester will be paid separately before the start of each semester.
3. A minimum of 12 semester hours per semester is required and a 2.5 minimum GPA is required.
4. The recipient will need to supply Lyntegar with the college or university address as to where the scholarship money should be mailed.
5. To receive the spring semester scholarship money the recipient will need to make a request to Lyntegar with a copy of their grades for the fall semester of studies and their schedule for the spring semester.
6. If the student fails to meet the above criteria or drops out of school, the remaining scholarship money will be forfeited.